Optimizing movement: the key to unlocking incredible performance and durability!


Click here for more images

Effective training starts with optimizing movement. This module outlines the often overlooked concepts in maximizing movement quality, performance, and durability. 

Every good program starts with an assessment or screen.  In this section, you’ll discover a comprehensive, yet time-effective assessment process to uncover significant asymmetries or limitations that will hinder peak fitness and performance.

Assessments are worthless if you don’t know what to do with the results. This module presents a simple corrective system that can fit in any training setting.

Kevin does a great job taking concepts from various assessment models (e.g. PRI, FMS, and SFMA) and teaching you how they apply in a training environment. I think this is really key for strength coaches, to be able to integrate these ideas into a program designed to help people get fit, strong, and explosive, without the program becoming “soft” with an overemphasis on corrective work.

I’d recommend this DVD to anyone looking understand how to set up a movement based approach, using concepts from things like PRI, FMS, and SFMA, and putting them into a training program that addresses fitness and strength.”

I try to review all the great information that is available every year from Cressey, Robertson, Reinold, Weingroff, Ward, Jamieson and many others. For me, Kevin’s Optimizing Movement was definitely the best DVD I’ve seen this year and I would consider it one of the best DVDs I’ve ever watched. This is the DVD that brought everything together for me and allowed me to implement my knowledge and define my core beliefs. I strongly recommend it to strength coaches or athletes who are looking for direction in applying these philosophies to create athletes that are more durable and move better.”

When I heard that Kevin was coming out with a product I had no doubt that what he was planning to offer would be a quality product. With new products coming out every day it’s hard to decide what products will actually offer value. I have followed Kevin over the past few years so I was confident that this product would offer tremendous value.

One of the main reasons I purchased the DVD was I wanted to see how Kevin and his staff set up their training system and specially their assessment and corrective exercise philosophy. Having taken a PRI (Postural Restoration course) I wanted to know what is the best way to implement these strategies into a group training environment. Overall this product is excellent. Having taken a Myokinematic Restoration course from PRI this product has really helped my understand how to implement what I was able to learn in the two day course and integrate it into a team setting.  The information that I learned in this DVD will help me tremendously with the professional soccer players as well as the weekend warriors that I work with on a daily basis.

From a personal standpoint I am a classic LAIC pattern in the PRI world. I took a lot of the information that I was able to learn in this product and I have started to implement these strategies into my own training and I can honestly say that I feel better. Over the years I have suffered several nagging injuries on my left side and I really had no solution as to why this was happening. Foam rolling and stretching was not cutting it. With the addition of some simple changes and a better understanding of why I may have had these injuries I expect to reduce the number of injuries in the future while improving my performance in the weight room as well as on the track.

I would definitely recommend this product. I have spent much more on products that were not worth the shipping costs. Optimizing Movement is high quality and Kevin provides valuable information to the all coaches...

Read More detail
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post